If you love roast beef like we do, you’re going to really love this great recipe we just found! This method of preparing your Celestino’s roast beef takes about 3 hours, so this is a delectable dish that may be best suited for a weekend night dinner.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 to 3 1/2 lbs Rump Roast (let us know you’re making a roast and we’ll give you the best cut!)
- Extra virgin organic olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Red wine or beef stock (water works well, too!)
- Corn starch
Here’s how to make the roast:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Make 8 small cuts around the roast with a sharp knife, put a small sliver of garlic into each slice to help infuse the garlic aroma and flavor into the roast.
- Use a tablespoon to pour and then rub olive oil all over the roast.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the roast to taste.
- Place the roast right on the middle oven rack, fat up, with a drip pan underneath it.
- Cook the roast at 375°F, then drop the heat to 225°F and continue to cook for 1.5 to 2.5 hours. The roast is usually finished when the internal temperature hits 140°F
Here’s how to make the gravy:
- Place the drip pan on your stove top over medium heat. Add the red wine, beef stock, or water to help loosen the drippings.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the glaze mixture completely. Stir quickly to avoid clumping.
- Add salt and pepper to taste!